lgbt community

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Taylor Swift Concert!!!


The tears at Christmas when I opened up my box with the Taylor Swift tickets were definitely worth it.

Gloriana opened the show and they were pretty good. They had alot of four part harmonies going on which was cool but made them sound really busy. There was alot going on in their set and it kind of distracted me from the music. They did play a new single and I definitely have to find that song.

Next up was Kellie Pickler. My mom is a huge Kellie fan. She jokingly said that she was ready to leave after Kellie was done singing. Her favorite song is "Red High Heels". I knew that Kellie was going to possibly sing "Didn't You Know How Much I Loved You" and I tried my hardest not to cry because the lyrics are so relevant to me. I love the song but I had to take it off my playlist on my ipod because I can't listen to it anymore. One of the songs that I love of hers that I didn't expect her to play was "Things that Never Cross a Man's Mind" because it's not very popular but it's hilarious! It was so cool seeing her live. Her stage presence is just amazing.

Between acts we could text a certain number and if our message got picked it would show up on the big screens. Alot of people said how excited they were to be there. There were a couple of marriage proposals but those didn't really surprise me. What did surprise me was that one of them said "[J's nickname and last name] will you marry me?" That completely freaked me out. J's name is really common but I didn't expect to see it on the big screen at the Taylor Swift concert. Her nickname was spelled the same and everything. Talk about freaky.

Watch more Small Town Girl videos on AOL Video



Watch more Sony BMG videos on AOL Video





Then came Taylor Swift!!! She opened the show with "You Belong With Me". I love this song! The coolest part of the concert was seeing her face on the big scree. Taylor would look out into the crowd and she'd have a shitty grin on her face. Her facial expressions were hilarious. Seeing her dance on stage like a maniac was the most entertaining thing I have ever seen. That girl is nuts!
At one point she moved to a small stage in the back of the arena so the people back there could see her better. She played her twelve string guitar which was super cool! She knows how to get the crowd going. I know there are Taylor haters out there and all I'm going to say is "They can shut the hell up" Taylor deserves every award she has ever won. Her show was so amazing! I had to keep reminding myself that she was right there in front of me in the flesh and not just on tv anymore.
I was able to get a few pictures but we weren't close enough to get any good ones. My favorite picture is one that I took of the stage during "Picture to Burn". It turned out super cool.


I had such an amazing time! I feel like the most loved daughter in the entire world!! My mom bought me a Gloriana shirt, a Kellie Pickler shirt, a Taylor Swift shirt and a program.

My mom caught a piece of Official Taylor Swift confetti. Most of it ended up on the people sitting in the floor seats but a few pieces made it up to where we were sitting.


Here's my favorite Taylor Swift music video :)

Watch more Taylor Swift videos on AOL Video

No comments:

Post a Comment