lgbt community

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Idina Menzel!

I don't even know where to start with the entry!! March 2nd was an epic day on so many levels!
My mom didn't like the idea of me driving to Indianpolis but I told her I was going to do it anyway. I'm 20 years old. She bought me plane tickets. I had to pay for my hotel room but that wasn't too expensive. I flew out of Des Moines at 12 and I had just enough time to make it to my gate in Minneapolis. I landed in Indiana around 4:30 and Amanda was already waiting at my hotel. I called for the shuttle to come pick me up. Amanda could have done it but we didn't know how easy it was to pick someone up at the airport there. Sometimes its kinda screwy and you can't just sit in your car and wait for someone. I met Amanda at the hotel and we got ready to go to the concert. We ate at Pita Pit, I don't have one in Iowa. I was fascinated to say the least lol. We found the theater before we ate so we walked around for a little bit and took pictures in front of the sign. We looked like total goofballs but we were so excited!





The concert was so amazing! We were in the same building as Idina Menzel. What could be better than that?

Meeting Idina at the stage door and getting her autograph! That's what!


We waited in the cold for what seemed like forever! She finally came out and Amanda freaked out. I got my program signed and Idina went to the other side before she could sign Amanda's. She stood there saying she would cry if she didn't get an autograph. I was a little embarrassed. But I totally get her obsession so I really couldn't say anything. I would have been her if this happened 2 years ago.
We arrived back at the hotel around 11. We took pics of us together to document that we finally met after being friends for about a year.
I am well aware that we look bright eyed and absolutely stunning in this picture lol. Amanda had planned on staying but she decided that it would be better for her to drive home instead of sleeping for a few hours. She knows how her body works so I reluctantly let her go. I had the king size bed all to myself and I wish I had a picture of little tiny me in this huge bed. I bet it looked hilarious!

More blog posts will come tomorrow. I don't want to overwhelm you guys.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh!! I'm so jealous! I love Idina! I'm glad you enjoyed yourself! =)

    ReplyDelete