lgbt community

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

A very purple room...

I mentioned in earlier blog posts that I'm getting my room redocorated. Today began step one of my bedroom makeover. There were a couple bumps along the way but now that it is done I am so glad that I can sit back and relax.

In 2004 my mom and I bought pink and purple paint so I could paint my bedroom. My bedroom in 2004 is not my bedroom now. They are not even in the same house. I have been in my current bedroom for 2 and half years. My walls have been a neutral beige and I just left them that way because we started out renting our house and I wasn't sure if I was allowed to paint my room. I was hesitant to ask because the paint that I had from 2004 was dark purple or so I thought.

Fast forward to this morning. After having my brother shake the paint can, I proceeded to pry off the lid and I was met with an almost vomit inducing lavender. It wasn't even very purply. It was like a pink lavender. That was not the paint color I picked out in 2004. My mom and I found a color that matched a dark purple comforter that I was using at the time. Apparently the paint guy wasn't paying attention and mixed the color above the one I picked out on the paint swatch. So I had to make a trip to Walmart to get the paint color that I wanted. While at Walmart I found the paint swatch from 2004 and sure enough Purple Majesty was in the can and not Purple Grandeur.

Now I have two gallons of paint that I have no idea what I'm going to do with because it is not going on my walls.

An impromptu trip to Walmart, some painters tape, a paint roller, a paint brush, a cold metal step ladder, 6 hours, and one gallon of brand new Purple Grandeur later... this is what my bedroom looks like after step one of my room makeover.

1 comment: