lgbt community

Sunday, November 6, 2011

My Wish?

I like this girl, N.
N has a crush on a friend of mine who is ten years older and very much taken.
I want to tell N that I like her but I'm afraid that what we have could change. We have so much in common, our outlooks on life are very similar, we have a lot of the same interests and we just seem to get each other. We haven't known each other very long but from Day One we clicked. We are very similar in ways that I thought I was one of a kind. But at the same time we are very different people. We have a lot of common interests but we also have interests that the other doesn't have. Our conversations are never boring.
I feel like I'm stuck. I really like the friendship that we have but I want more.
She likes M. M is ten years older than us and very much taken. N realizes that it will never work with M but she still pines for her anyway.
I flirt with her just to see how she reacts but I'm a naturally flirty person so I'm not sure if she knows that I'm flirting with her. She's the same way. She seems to flirt back but I can't tell if it's flirting or just her being herself.
She sent me a text this morning that reads: "I like how quickly you and I clicked. It's almost like one of us wished for the other and the wish came true, and yes I realize how corny that sounded lol" I woke up to this text. Nothing prompted it unless she was reading past messages or thinking about the conversations that we've had. How am I supposed to react to that? "I've been wishing for the last year and a half for someone like you to come along" It's a little presumptuous if you ask me. I don't want to freak her out. She already has a guy who follows her around and acts like they are just "best friends" even though it's obvious he likes her. She likes girls so he doesn't really have a chance.
She did tell me that before we really knew who the other was, she was listening to me talking to M and watching how I interacted with everyone else around us. I know something is there. I just need her to see it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment