lgbt community

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Good and Not So Good

Let's start with the not so good. I always like to end on a happy note.
The not so good is that I asked the girl in my class what team she plays for, sadly it is not mine. I didn't just flat out ask her if she's gay. I told her my ex drama so I asked if she has any ex drama. She said no. I asked if she didn't have drama because they don't exist or they just aren't big jerk faces like mine. Her ex is a big jerk face who broke up with her after dating for a year and a half through a text message but that was a long time ago and she hasn't dated anyone since. I'm not too terribly disappointed that she isn't gay. I was hoping she was but I always had it in the back of my mind that it was just my wishful thinking.

Now on to the happy stuff!
Since the start of the semester every time I run into the drama teacher at school he asks me if I want to be in a play. This semester I couldn't because I have class during the rehearsal period. I took Intro to Theater with him last fall and he loves me, mainly because I am a good student, I'm mature for my age, and I have respect for people that not alot of college kids have. This guy doesn't like anyone. He can be the biggest douche in the world and I've seen him in many different lights but I still like him. All semester he has been begging me to audition for the spring play. Auditions were held on a Friday so I told him that I wouldn't be able to make it because I have to work. He let me audition right there. He found someone in the current play to read with me and that was my audition. Little did I know that five of the nine student directors for the Spring Festival of Plays were in the room during my audition. I'm glad he didn't tell me until afterwards because I would have been a wreck. I'm comfortable around him and I know what he looks for so I was pretty confident going in even though I had no idea what to expect.
I am cast in the spring play!! Apparently I made such a great impression during my audition that I was instantly drafted by one of the student directors so I am also cast in a student written and directed play for the Spring Festival of Plays. The student play that I'm in only has two characters so I'll have a pretty hefty role. It's called White Picket Fence and supposedly it's a romance. The other actor and I aren't really sure what's going on right now. Hopefully we will soon and I can update you guys!
I recieved an email tonight saying that this year's Spring Play is also a Civic Center production which means we will have performances at the Stoner Theater! Usually it's the summer play that is the Civic Center production. I'm so psyched!

I love comments. They make me feel special :)

2 comments:

  1. Boo for the girl I was really rooting for you on that one, but yay for the play!

    ReplyDelete
  2. holy cats big role in play thats supper cool.

    ReplyDelete