lgbt community

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Why You Shouldn't Give a Former Track Runner a Car...

I am my father's daughter through and through. I am hard-headed and fiercely independent. You can tell me not to do something until you are blue in the face and it still won't sink in with me. I have always had to learn things the hard way. It sucks but I only do it once.
Today's lesson was "do not speed in the 55mph zone just outside my hometown. The state trooper sitting across the highway will pull you over and give you a speeding ticket." Usually I am very aware of my speed while driving through that zone. There have been many accidents at the main intersection from my hometown onto the highway. Precautions such as lowering the speed limit and moving a turn lane to make traffic more visible have been taken to reduce accidents. I make sure that I don't speed through there because I don't want to be in an accident or cause one right there. I've seen some of them and they are pretty bad.
Part of me thinks the trooper was full of shit when he said I was driving 74mph in a 55mph zone. I very well could have been this morning. I was running late and on the way out of town the highway is on a downhill so its very easy to speed and not realize it.
I got off easy. Instead of writing me a ticket for 19 over and emptying my bank account he knocked it down to 6 over. I still have to pay $114 but it's not a moving violation.
This is why you shouldn't give a former track runner a car. I have a need for speed. Now I have to find a way to satisfy that without costing me $114 or aggravating my horrible shin splints. Suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment